Tuesday, February 27, 2007

American Travesty

I fucking hate American Idol.

Not only does it oust the one show I like watching (House M.D.) from its rightful timeslot on Tuesday nights, but it is nothing but a pathetic front for the RIAA to sucker in more young hopefuls and get them to sign extortionate recording contracts after the fulfillment of which they'll be indebted to the record company to the tune (no pun intended) of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"Winner" indeed. Winner gets SCREWED by a record label.

If I ever find the guy who came up with the idea of American Idol, I'm going to stab him in the mouth with a gardening trowel.

In other news, I found out tonight that I have slightly elevated blood pressure. GEE, I WONDER WHY.

On a semi-related (to point A) but more positive note, Therion has released a new album, "Gothic Kaballah," which is said to be quite good but a deviation from their usual symphonic and operatic style. I downloaded it and am looking forward to getting my hiney to Clark and Belmont so I can hit Metal Haven and pick up a copy. You know...buy independent, non-American, non-corporate music from an independent, non-corporate, privately-owned music store. So that the RIAA doesn't see a dime. Take that, American Idol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny J. said...

Enabled comment moderation again, eh? Did something happen? Just curious.

Anywho, much with the agreeing regarding American Idol. There won't be a new episode of Bones (probably the only currently-running show that I watch these days) for weeks due to AI.

That, and the "talent" in AI this season is laughable. Literally. I laughed. And refused to watch further.

In other news, I mentioned this before but received no response so I wanted to extend the invitation again: Gaelic Storm is playing at the House of Blues on March 16th. Me, Joe, my mom, my sister, and potentially Barbie are going. Interested?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Aidan Novastral said...

Apparently there was an upgrade or something on Blogger's servers. They're synching with gmail accounts now, and I imagine they changed the way moderation settings are handled such that my configuration was no longer valid, so it reverted to a plain "moderation enabled."

I don't really mind, as I've heard stories of people spamming blogs with adverts and phishing attempts. Not to worry-I'm approving anything and everything written by real people (i.e. not spambots), so your comments will get through as long as they don't contain the string "g3n3r!c vi4gr4."

Re: Gaelic Storm, I'm not sure. Journey will be in the Bahamas doing research (settling rates of planktonic foraminifera, if my memory serves me correctly, for a fluid dynamics class), so she wouldn't be able to come with me. Dunno...how much are tickets? I'm a wee bit pressed for cash with saving for classes, a place to live, and my brother's birthday present, but if tickets are in the $20-$30 range it's doable.

What ever happened with your sister's PC? You once mentioned it needed an upgrade and/or crap-cleaning. Let me know if she still needs any work done on it, and I'll see what I can whip up in the way of a first-aid kit.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Aidan Novastral said...

Reefs.

The Bahamas trip is to study reefs.

Not forams.

My bad.

-ADN

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home