Monday, March 06, 2006

Days of Rising Doom

Well, no poll this month for the metal album.  I'm already decided on the meta-band Aina's "Days of Rising Doom: The Metal Opera" for reasons I'll get into in a minute.

The good news is I'm working on setting up a web server on my Linux box, so I can actually post MP3 samples of the albums I'm mulling over ordering.  That way you guys can make better suggestions (okay, okay, and I'm itching to help people pirate).  This will give me about a month to get Apache tweaked for performance and figure out how I want to handle organizing files (and maybe put together a nice-looking page to list them while I'm at it)

The tentative candidates for next month, though, are:

"Letters From Fire" by The Crest
"A Night at the Opera" by Blind Guardian
and
"The Black Halo" by Kamelot.

With some Therion to follow, depending on my mood.  "Vovin" and "Secret of the Runes" are bloody incredible, and I'm itching to get them.  But other bands need some love too.

Anyway, it's 6 AM, I really should sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny J. said...

No anonymous posts, eh? I can dig that ;)

Just chiming in with my vote for next month's cd purchase. Blind Guardian all the way. Whee!

How are you recovering from your slave labor, I mean overtime at the library, by the way?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Aidan Novastral said...

Huh. Never would've figured you for a Blind Guardian fan. Appearances can indeed be deceiving.

As for the slave labour, well, I'm recovering fairly well. I wound up pulling another all-nighter (unintentionally) working on reconfiguring my Slackware box to be a web server for those MP3s/Oggs.

I'll really recover on Thursday, though, when that paycheck for my schedule +15hrs last weekend for the video +12hrs this weekend for the system setup comes in. That will be nice. Oh so nice. Like sex with...aaaaaand I'm going to just stop there.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Jenny J. said...

Glad to know you're still alive (and being nicely and, er, soonly, reimbursed for your efforts).

In regards to Blind Guardian, yes, I do like them. A bit heavy at times but so much of their stuff is Lord of the Rings-inspired. And "The Bard's Song" is quite pretty. I liked BG even before I realized I had an occasional fondness for metal.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home